Post updated in 2016
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND – If gym fees are too high, your gym closes much too early or heading indoors is just “not your thing”, consider working out at one of the outdoor gyms in Geneva.
Each of the so-called “adult playgrounds” boasts seven workout posts or exercise machines.
«Proxitraining» is the name of the city-sponsored urban fitness circuit designed to help you workout the upper and lower body and core through triceps extension and dips, reverse curls, sit-ups, press-ups and chest and leg presses.
Where are the outdoor gyms located?
The city has been steadily adding new outdoor gyms since 2013, for a total of eight so far.
If you’re new to town, click on each of the icons on the map for more info.
Geneva’s Right Bank (Rive Droite)
- Franchises Park (Balexert-Servette area)
- Geisendorf Park (Servette-St Jean area)
- Place De-Chateaubriand (in the Paquis; if showing your biceps is your “thing” then head here)
- Terrase de St Jean / Tilleuls (St Jean/Charmilles area)
- Trembley Park (Servette / Petit-Saconnex area)
- Vermont Park (Nations area)
Geneva’s Left Bank (Rive Gauche)
- Ernest-Ansermet Quay (Plainpalais)
- Bertrand Park (Champel)
Download the Sport City Tour app to locate the outdoor fitness areas, see videos with suggested exercise routines and more. The app is available in English, French and German.
Find All About Geneva on Facebook and Twitter.