GENEVA, Switzerland – From Gregorian chants to Cuban music, from Thin Lizzie nostalgia, to a middle age rapper; here are a few notable concerts in Geneva and surroundings.
- 13 January — Gregorian Voices at the St Peter’s Cathedral — Classical music (see their video).
- 21 January — Snoop Dogg at the Arena – Old school hip hop.
- 23-24 January – Country Music Weekend – at Mr. Pickwick’s.
- 23 January-8 February — Jonny Greenwood & London Contemporary Orchestra, Ross Daly, TV on the Radio and many many more. All part of the Antigel Festival (with an additional concert on 25 February).
- 28 January — Roger Hodgson, formerly of Supertramp.
- 5 February — Kendji Girac at the Theatre du Leman — Latin-flavored chanson.
- 7 February — Chateau Rouge: The Treatment and BlackRain — Two groups, tons of rock (think Thin Lizzie), in Annemasse.
- 16 February — Simple Minds (remember the 80s?).
- 20 February — Macy Gray — very popular R&B.
- 7 March — James Taylor at Theatre du Leman — Folk rock, classic rock, blues.
- 12 March —Yael Naim, as part of the Vois de Fete, a chanson festival in Geneva.
- 1 April — Julien Doré — chanson with a twist.
- 16 April — Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club — Cuban music.
- 25 April — Frero Delavega — indie rock meets chanson.
Find All About Geneva (The Genevist) on Facebook where we post news from other blogs and news sites. We are also on Twitter with news from Geneva and beyond . To receive the posts via email, kindly subscribe at the bottom of the page