Fatal Fire in Geneva Possibly Caused by Electric Blanket

GENEVA, Switzerland – A faulty electric blanket is believed to have caused a fire which left one person dead and five seriously injured last night in Geneva.

The fire that partially destroyed a two-story building, occurred around 22:00 on Friday 13 March at the rue de Bernex, in the southwest part of the canton.

The fatal victim was identified as a man in his 80s who, according to authorities, was unable to escape the fire.

His wife managed to escape but was injured along with four more people in the building. All were listed in serious condition.

Preliminary reports indicate that a faulty electric blanket could be to blame for the blaze.

The Tribune de Genève has further information and photos of post-rescue operations.

Find All About Geneva (The Genevist) on Facebook where we post news from other blogs and news sites. We are also  on Twitter with news from Geneva and beyond . To receive the posts via email, kindly subscribe at the bottom of the page



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.