GENEVA, Switzerland – Here’s my selection of events taking place in Geneva (and a few beyond) in April 2016. I will update the list throughout the month.
- Art Exhibits
- Performing Arts including Concerts
- Film Festivals and Conventions/Conferences
- Special sale events and flea markets
- Fairs and Festivals
- Food and Wine
- 9 April: Discover all the architectural nooks and crannies of Geneva’s museum of ethnography.
- Until 19 April: Exhibit: “V” for Venus; “V” for voluptuous at the Cité du Temps. Free.
- Until 30 April: Brilliant political cartoons by Chapatte, Geneva
- Until 22 May: Japanese Art exhibit, Geneva
- 21-22 May: Night at the Museum (Day of the Museums), Geneva. Free.
- Until 30 June: Swiss bikes and motorbikes photography exhibit, Geneva. Free.
Concerts & Other Performing Arts
- 1 April: Ivan Vasiliev Russian TV personality and DJ in Geneva
- 4-16 April: The Doctor In Spite of Himself, Opera in 3 acts, Geneva
- 5 April: Geneva Chamber Orchestra concert
- 5-9 April: Sleep concerts (or how to sleep next to perfect strangers in all safety)
- 8 April: Umberto Tozzi in concert (Ti Amo.. Ti Amo…)
- 8-16 April: Cully Jazz Festival, a sleeper hit, that you can’t miss. And the view is impeccable. In Cully, canton Vaud.
- 10 April: Kendji Girac in concert in Geneva
- 10 April: Sacred Chants (Franz Schubert), Geneva
- 13 April: Johann Sebastian Back Inventions and Symphonies, Geneva
Highlighting: Renegade Saints improvised comedy show in English with The Royal Stage Monkeys at Mr. Pickwick Pub on 14 April at 20:00. Price: CHF10 which includes a CHF5 drink voucher.
- 10-21 April: Orchestre de Suisse Romande, classical music in Geneva
- 12 April: Palèo announces line-up (live) from Nyon
- 21-22 April: A tribute to Joe Cocker, Geneva
- 22 April: Gerald Clayton concert, Geneva
- 22 April: Dancing Grandmothers, modern dance, Geneva
- 26 April: Romeo Santos, Bachata in Geneva
- 30 April: Jazz concert in Geneva
- 30 April: Persian music concert by Kayhan Kalhor from Iran, in Lausanne
Film Fests and Conventions/Conferences
- 4-10 April: Akira Kirosawa Retrospective
- 11-17 April: Geneva International Oriental Film Festival
- 13-17 April: Geneva’s International Exhibition of Inventions
- 16 April: College du Leman Open House, Geneva
- Until 24 April: Green Film Festival, Geneva and Vaud
- 27-29 May: Travel film festival, Aubonne, Vaud
Special Sales Events and Flea Markets
- Full listing including vintage and home décor sales posted separately here.
- 2 April: DIY gardening and plants sale in Geneva
- 17 April: “Name your price” Sunday special on haircuts, yoga and Tarot reading. Geneva.
- 22-24 April: The Library in English book sale in Geneva
- 22-24 April: All for the Baby, toddlers and pre-tweens exhibit and sale in Geneva
- 27 April-1 May: Geneva Book and Press Fair
Fairs and (Green) Festivals
- 1-3 April, Carnaval de Bussigny-près-Lausanne (Vaud, Lake Geneva region)
- 3 April: La Matagasse de Thonon (France, Lake Geneva region bi-annual, back in 2016)
- 3 April: Geneva’s synagogue guided tour
- 15-16 April: La Nuit Antique, go back to the past for a weekend in Bastions Park. Discover life as it was hundreds of years ago.
- Until 19 April: Luna Park, carnival rides in Plainpalais, Geneva
- 22 April: Fete de la Terre Genève – workshops, exhibits and more
- 29 April-1 May: Carnaval de Lausanne (Vaud)
- Until 17 May: Tulips in bloom and sale in Morges, canton Vaud. A must see.
- 21-22 May: Carnaval Vénitien d’Yvoire (France, Lake Geneva region)
- 10-12 June: Festival de la Terre, Lausanne (organic, local, concerts, films, plants, food…)
Food and Wine
- 2 April: Cully wineries open house
- 9 April: Festi Food at Place de l’Europe in Lausanne. YummY!
- 16 April: Salgesh, Printemps du Vin, wine festival
- 5-7 May, Valais wineries open house
- 28 May: Geneva wineries open house
- 7-10 April: Geneva Hockey Challenge (12yo+), Patinoire de Vernets
- 9-10 April: Swiss Acrobatic Gymnastics Open, Geneva
- 14 April: European Bike Day, Geneva (sponsored by the Dutch mission to the UN)
- 16 April: Self-defense workshop, Geneva
- 22 April: Ice Legends, Geneva
- 24 April: Equestrian centre open house, Gex, France
- 24 April: Swiss Navigation Day, Lake Geneva (discount cruise prices)
- 29 April: Hockey, Switzerland vs Lithuania, Geneva
- 29 April: Critical Mass biking in Geneva
- 7-8 May: Unicef Marathon in Geneva
- 11 June: Gliss’en Ville or how to go down a water toboggan through the streets of Geneva 🙂
Find us on Facebook where we post news from other blogs and news sites. We are also on Twitter with news from Geneva and beyond . To receive the posts via email, kindly subscribe at the bottom of the page.