GENEVA, Switzerland – Here’s a short overview of some of my favorite events for the month. Of course, there are many more concerts and theatre not included here, but enjoy!
- 12 February — Salsa dancing at L’Usine.
- 12-18 February — Roman Polanski film retrospective.
- 14 February — St. Valentine’s costume party at Moulin Rouge. Theme: couples. What else?
- 14 February — Valentine’s in the snow: Ski, snowboarding, music & tartiflette at the Saleve.
- 16 February — CHF5 movies for older residents in Geneva.
- 16 February — Simple Minds in concert (remember the 80s?).
- 19-21 February — CourToujours – previously known as Ecran Mobile, this is a film festival featuring only short films. 34 films in competition and a closing night party with Brazilian music.
- 19-22 February — Layalina (Our Evenings) Festival, in this edition bringing Syrian culture, food, music and discussions.
- 20 February — Macy Gray — R&B concert.
- Until 21 February — Annual wine tasting and sale by Coop at Blandonnet.
- 20-28 February — Urban dance festival in Geneva (hip hop) Festival Groove’N’Move
- 21 February — Monthly flea market in Annecy, France, together with a hand crafts market and art fair.
- 22 February — Monthly flea market by the Lake, in Nyon.
- 22 February — White Turf an international horse race on snow (ok, so it is not in Geneva but this is where all the “beautiful people” like to be seen).
- 27 February – 8 March — International Human Rights Film Festival and Forum.
- Until the end of the month, carnivals throughout Switzerland.
Find All About Geneva (The Genevist) on Facebook where we post news from other blogs and news sites. We are also on Twitter with news from Geneva and beyond . To receive the posts via email, kindly subscribe at the bottom of the page