GENEVA – As called for by the Swiss Federal Council, the country prepares to reopen parts of the economy on 27 April. Canton Geneva has already lifted certain border movement restrictions with the provisional reopening of five crossings with France. Authorities however, caution Swiss residents not to rush to the other side for food shopping as it is still illegal to do so.
Seven crossings points between Geneva and France have reopened 24/7 including through priority or green lanes in the first four listed here below,
- Bardonnex (including commercial traffic)
- Thônex-Vallard (including commercial traffic)
Some restrictions are still in place in the following two. These can only be accessed on weekdays (no public holidays) from 06:00 to 20:00,
The following five crossing are only open on weekdays (no public holidays) a few of hours per day and in one direction only. From 06:00 to 09:00 to enter Switzerland, and from 17:00 to 19:00 to cross to France,
- Soral II
- Landecy accessible only if you have a macaron, or green line pass.
- Geneva police issues fines for semi-confinement violations
- Geneva offers rent relief
- Geneva’s favorite festivals canceled
Find us on Facebook where we post news from other blogs and news sites. We are also on Twitter with news from Geneva and beyond . To receive the posts via email, subscribe at the bottom of the page.