GENEVA, Switzerland – More and more moms seem to be going back to our grandmothers’ ways by using washable cotton nappies or diapers, which are both eco-friendly… and a ton of work.
If you are looking to go that route, here are a few resources in the Lake Geneva region including one that offers to do the washing for you… wait, what? Great!
- Anibis, personal online classifieds (in French, free to post).
- Amazon France, offers washable diapers and delivery in neighboring France.
- Au Petit-Têtard, in Martigny, Valais also offers online shopping and delivery in Switzerland.
- Coop, Swiss supermarket sells biodegradable non reusable diapers.
- Envie des fraises in Plainpalais, Geneva.
- Eco Family, based in Versoix, Geneva, offers online shopping in English and delivery in Switzerland.
- Frotti Langes, in Cressier, Vaud offers biodegradable not reusable diapers and delivery in Switzerland.
- Jubilane, in Châtel-Saint-Denis in Fribourg delivers anywhere in Switzerland, online shopping in English.
- Les Bebes de Sabine, French-based online shopping with delivery in France.
- Mere et Terre, two stores in Grens-sur-Nyon and Charvonay, Vaud and online shopping available. In addition to washable nappies it offers biodegradable diapers.
- Mini Boo, Swiss online shop based in Sierre, Valais.
- Migros, Swiss supermarket sells biodegradable diapers.
- P’tidou, Morges, Vaud, online shopping and delivery in Switzerland.
- Pharmacie Plus, in Chatelaine, Geneva, sells washable nappies.
- Ricardo (in French and German, the Swiss version of Ebay, registration required, safe to buy).
- Satoriz, French retailer with stores in Annecy, Annemasse, Thoiry, Thonon and other cities in the Lake Geneva region. No online shopping.
- Sam Nature, in Courgenay, Jura sells washable and biodegradable diapers. Online shopping and delivery in Switzerland.
- Sustain a Bum, online shop based in Geneva delivers in Switzerland. Shopping in English, French and German (and their website is one to love!)
If you already own reusable nappies Eco Couches – based in Grand-Saconnex in Geneva, picks up your dirty diapers and returns them clean for a fee. Service available in canton Geneva, the La Côte area (Lake Geneva), Lausanne and Neuchâtel.
Photo, Alexander, son of my lovely girlfriend Aydee.
Find All About Geneva (The Genevist) on Facebook where we post news from other blogs and news sites. We are also on Twitter with news from Geneva and beyond . To receive the posts via email, kindly subscribe at the bottom of the page