For the updated 2016 list: click here.
GENEVA, Switzerland – With high temperatures and no rain in sight, outdoor movie screenings are one of the MANY things to do in Geneva this summer.
Discover where to catch outdoor films by the park, the lake or on rooftop terraces through my complete list. (Jump directly to the programme here).
GUIDE TO OUTDOOR FILMS
CinéTransat offers free outdoor movies from Thursday to Sunday in July and August at the Perle du Lac Park. Bring your own chair or picnic blanket. Snacks and drinks available for sale. Movies begin at 22:00 in July and about 21:00 in August (as night falls).
Enjoy the “soirées à thème.” Once a week, dress up as characters of the movie showcased or dress the part of the theme. Some movies are dubbed in French.
The free Spoutnik film cycle showcases art house films and non-commercial movies on a rooftop terrace by the Usine. Spoutnik also offers indoor films starting in September.
The restaurant, Brasseries de Halles de l’île in the city center offers one week of “classics,” free, starting at 21:30.
The Plan-les-Ouates commune offers a few free, outdoor films. Head to “La Promenade” with a chair or picnic blanket. Food and drinks for sale.
The Ciné en Plein Air or Cinema aux Franchises, offers family-oriented and adult animated films at the Franchises Park located between Châtelaine & Rte des Franchises, until the end of July. Free and curated by Animatou; films begin at 21:00.
Salt Cinéma at Port Noir is a more upscale option. Forget picnic blankets here, this is a full cinema by the Lake. To celebrate its 25 years of existence, all tickets are only CHF10.
OUTDOOR FILMS PROGRAMME
- July 13-19 – Perle du Lac Park and Plage de Genève
- July 17-18 – Franchises Park
- July 20-26 – Perle du Lac Park and Plage de Genève
- July 23 – La Promenade at Plan-les-Ouates
- July 24-25 – Franchises Park
- July 27-2 August – Perle du Lac Park and Plage de Genève
- August 3-9 – Perle du Lac Park and Plage de Genève
- August 6 – La Promenade at Plan-les-Ouates
- August 10-16 – Perle du Lac Park and Plage de Genève
- August 17-23 – Perle du Lac Park
- August 17-20 – Plage de Genève
- August 18-25 – Brasserie des Halles
- August 20 – La Promenade at Plan-les-Ouates
- August 20-23 – Place des Volontaires
Also, the Théâtre de l’Orangerie offers outdoor theatre in French at La Grange Park.
Find All About Geneva (The Genevist) on Facebook where we post news from other blogs and news sites. We are also on Twitter with news from Geneva and beyond . To receive the posts via email, kindly subscribe at the bottom of the page